Location: Tarporley, Cheshire
Service: Air Testing Cheshire
Tarporley is nestled in the heart of Cheshire and boasts rolling green hills and a great atmosphere. Its unique blend of rural charm and accessibility to urban centres makes it an ideal location for assessing air quality and promoting sustainability.
Air testing is a crucial step in evaluating a building’s energy efficiency and airtightness. Our recent visit to Tarporley adhered to a systematic procedure to ensure accurate results:
- Initial Assessment: One of our experienced air testing professionals arrived in Tarporley, setting the stage for the assessment. The objectives and goals of the air permeability testing were defined, tailoring the procedure to the specific context of Tarporley.
- Equipment Setup: Cutting-edge airtightness monitoring equipment, meticulously calibrated to UK standards, was put into place. This included blower doors and pressure gauges, essential for conducting precise tests.
- Building Assessment: The property was thoroughly assessed to identify potential leakage points. These points included doors, windows, ventilation systems, and any other openings in the building envelope.
- Testing Process: A blower door was installed in a doorway of the building, creating a controlled pressure difference between the interior and exterior. The equipment measured the rate of air leakage at various pressure levels, providing valuable data on the building’s airtightness.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Throughout the testing process, data on air infiltration rates and leakage points were meticulously recorded. The collected data was subjected to comprehensive analysis, assessing the building’s compliance with UK building regulations, including Part L, and its readiness for Future Home Standards.